Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Years Resolutions

Hey-yo! Izzy here.

So, it's 2016! I graduate this year... And leave home to have misfit adventures hopefully at my dream school. Hooooooly crap I'm old.

So, my resolutions. I'm not sure they're traditional at all, but then again who wants a traditional artist? *scandalous winky face*

1. Stay true to myself.
In the last year, I've had some adventures. Boys, family, college, the usual stuff. But through it all, I've changed a lot of what makes me me. And I'm not sure they're good changes. To be sure, college will be a new perspective, but this year I'm going to be a little more and less selfish. The biggest thing I'm worried about is a bit mature, but welcome to reality. I've got some pretty hefty trust issues, especially when it comes to sex. I haven't done the do, and I'm not sure when I will or if I will before marriage, but whatever I do I'm not going to let anymore things "just happen," 'cause frankly that's BS. I've got my convoluted morals, and this year by God I'm not letting them go.

2. Actually work out.
The classic resolution that goes out as soon as the parties roll in! To be clear, I'm not fat. I'm incredibly out of shape, though. So, yes, I'm skinny - but, no, that doesn't mean I love my body. My resolution is to be able to do one pushup without shaking, plank for one minute without giving birth to my colon, and run 1 mile in at least 10 minutes.

3. Stop worrying about how others look at me.
I've grown up with traditional Christian parents. My mother has a habit of force-feeding me the values she holds dear, and that's taught me that everyone judges me. But what I've realised is that no one actually cares what you're doing so long as you're not doing something to hurt yourself or others. Be you. If people don't like that, find new people.

That's all I've got for now! If you have any suggestions, commissions, comments, or thoughts about the world feel free to let us know!

Izzy out.

No comments:

Post a Comment