Thursday, September 3, 2015

Lasting Impressions

Last night I saw a woman I haven't seen in over three years. She was the woman who ran the day care that my brother and I went to after school until our mother or father could come pick us up.



I was at Sheetz getting gas, I went into the store to get a drink and a candy bar (even though it was 9.30 at night). I walked down to the drink coolers, at first seeing her, not giving her a second glance. But then her face registered in my mind and I stopped right where I was. I glanced in the direction that I saw here again, but she had already moved from my line of vision.

So I went on my way and got my drink and chocolate bar, and went to get in line. And there she was, standing right in front of where I stood. She spoke first, and asked me how my year was going and what my plans are after high school. After she had checked out, I gave her a hug and said good-bye.

It wasn't until I returned to my car that I am extremely lucky to have had this woman in my life at some point. She is the most fantastic woman I have ever met, and is making a lasting impression in so many people's lives. It got me thinking, I want to be like her when I grow up. I want to be able to see a person and see all the potential that they have, and polish them until they shine brightly. I want to be able to teach people things that they will remember for the rest of their lives, for them to think back to their childhood and remember it fondly.


That's all for tonight.

Natalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment